Accolades : Accomplishments
Guiding and working with the students, staff of IABM also gets good experience and learning. The hard work done by the staff is reflected through the achievements in the personal capacity and also for the institute as a whole.
- Received Chal Vyajanti Trophy for the Year 2011-12 on 26th January for significant achievements of the past year.
- Institute got permission to start Ph.D. in Agri Business by the Academic Council of the University from the year 2011-12. This is the first such programme started by any SAU in India.
- Institute organized a national level Management Festival on a platform called Abhivyakti ’11. As a part of annual management event during Abhivyakti’11, the institute organised national level B Plan and Case Study competitions in which Institutes like IRMA (Anand), IIPM (Bengaluru), NIAM (Jaipur), Institute of Technology Management (Gorakhpur) and IABM (Bikaner) participated. Various other inter collegiate competitions were also organised.
- Institute has signed an agreement with an Indian MNC ‘NORR Advisors Private Limited’ for providing Technical Expertise to collaborative research projects
- Institute in the process of signing an MoU with Agri Business Division, Asian Association for Agricultural Engineering, Klonglaung Pathumthani, Thailand for staff and student exchange programme.
- Dr. A.K Dahama, former Director, IABM; joined as Vice Chancellor, SKRAU, Bikaner on March 24, 2011.
- Dr. Rajesh Sharma, Associate Professor, IABM joined as Director, IABM on March 26, 2011.
- Dr. Madhu Sharma attended the workshop for women on “ Management of Small and Medium Food Processing Enterprises” held at Makassar, Indonesia and was awarded “ Best Country Paper Presentation”.
- Dr. Chitra Henry has been nominated the Member of Academic Council of Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture, Technology and Sciences (SHIATS), Allahabad for two academic sessions.
- Dr. Rajesh Sharma and Dr. Madhu Sharma submitted three reports on Impact of researches done by scientists of S.K. Rajasthan Agricultural University under the “ Visioning, Policy Analysis and Gender” the NAIP Project of ICAR.
- Dr. Madhu Sharma was honoured with “Smt. Sarala Devi Samman” for excellent work done in Bikaner district in the field of Agriculture education in year 2011
- IABM awarded Vice Chancellor’s Running Shield for Outstanding Performance in 2007.
- Dr. A. K. Dahama, conferred the “Rashtriya Vidya Saraswati Puraskar” by international Institute of Education & Management.
- Indian Solidarity Council honoured Dr. A. K. Dahama, with “Life Time Achievement Award”.
- International Business Council honoured Dr. A.K. Dahama, with “Indira Gandhi Excellence Award”.
- All India Achievers Foundation awarded to Dr. A.K. Dahama, with the “Siksha Bharti Puraskar”.
- Dr. Madhu Sharma Associate Prof., IABM, was conferred the award “Best Teacher in Management” by ADLABS.
- Dr. A. K. Dahama, participated at HR Conclave – 2010 on “Aligning HR to Corporate Strategy” at Jaipur organised by CII on Febr/uary 12 – 13, 2010.
- Dr. A. K. Dahama, Chaired a Technical Session of National Conference on Plant Protection in Agriculture Through Eco-friendly Techniques and Traditional Farming Practices organised by ARS, Durgapura, Jaipur on Febr/uary 18-20, 2010.
- Dr. Rajesh Sharma, Director, IABM & Dr. Madhu Sharma, Assoc. Prof. attended the “Faculty Development Programme on Teaching Operations Research and its Applications” held at IIM, Kozhikode, Kerala during May 26-28, 2010.
- Dr. A. K. Dahama, visited Udaipur and Jodhpur on May 26-29, 2010 for inspection of 7 institutions as member of the Expert Committee constituted by AICTE, GoI, New Delhi.
- Dr. Chitra Henry, Asstt. Prof. attended the Training Programme on “Capacity Building of Scientists and Technologists on Technology Diplomacy” organised at Jaipur by Consumer Unity & Trust Society (CUTS) during May 31 – 04 June, 2010.
Since the time of its inception, the Institute has always focussed to touch skyscrapers and reach the stage of opportunities where the students flourished their talents and created a benchmark for every coming batch to follow. During the year 2010-11, the students of IABM decorated following feathers in their caps:
- The Indian Association of Parliamentarians on Population and Development, New Delhi organised an inter collegiate debate competition on the topic “Increasing Indian Population is Hazardous for Food Production and Environment” on September 29, 2010. Mr. Paviter Singh Matharu, Batch 2010-‘12 secured first rank in the competition.
- Ms. Shruti Bapna was appointed as Stall Manager by Rio Tinto Minerals in the yearly seminar of Fertilizer Association of India, held at New Delhi in December, 2010.
- Team comprising of Mr. Vishnu Agarwal, Ms. Shruti Bapna and Ms. Richa Srivastava of IABM, Bikaner was adjudged as winner in National Level B Plan Competition held during Abhivyakti ’11, Management Week of IABM, Bikaner ffrom 21- 24 February, 2011.
- Ms. Alka Sharma and Ms. Mohita of IABM, Bikaner got second prize in National Level B Plan Competition held during Abhivyakti ’11, Management Week of IABM, Bikaner from 21- 24 February, 2011.
- Mr. Aditya Khajanji and Mr. Sanjit Kumar Prasad of IABM, Bikaner got second prize in National Level Case Study Competition held during Abhivyakti ’11, Management Week of IABM, Bikaner from 21- 24 February, 2011.
- Mr. Paviter Singh Matharu and Ms. Alka Sharma of IABM, Bikaner got third prize in National Level Case Study Competition held during Abhivyakti ’11, Management Week of IABM, Bikaner from 21- 24 February, 2011
- Mr. Sanjit Kumar Prasad and Mr. Aditya Khajanji won first prize in B Quiz, an inter collegiate competition ‘Udaan’ organised by Institute of Management Studies, Bikaner on March 5, 2011.
- Mr. Lalit Singh Thakur won first prize in Logo Designing, an inter collegiate competition ‘Udaan’ organised by Institute of Management Studies, Bikaner on March 5, 2011.
- Ms. Alka Sharma and Ms. Mohita, students of batch 2010-12, secured second position in the National Level B Plan Competition held at National Institute of Agriculture Marketing, Jaipur on March 13, 2011.
- Mr. Aditya Khajanji and Mr. Sanjit Prasad, students of batch 2010-’12 secured first position in the National Level Case Study presentation held at National Institute of Agriculture Marketing, Jaipur on March 13, 2011.
- 6 Students of IABM did a short project with Synergy Technofin Pvt. Ltd. on “Cucurbit-production practices mapping in the state of Rajasthan”